NYAPRS is pleased to invite Capital District peers and providers
to the NYAPRS Regional Forum in Albany:
What Will BHOs, Health Homes and Managed Care Mean to You?
Friday, February 10, 2011 (10:00am-1:00pm)
Capital District Psychiatric Center, 75 New Scotland Avenue,
Albany, NY 12208
Please Bring a Photo ID for Entrance Into the Facility
Program Open & Free to All
Parking (on-site) $1.00 or On-Street Parking
Sweeping changes are coming quickly to the mental health, substance use and medical service systems New Yorkers with psychiatric disabilities or diagnoses have come to rely on. By this October 2011,
- Behavioral Health Organizations (BHOs) will be selected to improve hospital discharge planning and follow up in every region of the state.
- New networks of providers will be formed called Health Homes that will be assuming primary responsibility for engaging and promoting better service delivery and health care for over 900,000 Medicaid beneficiaries.
- Medicaid medications will be transferred to the oversight of managed care plans.
By 2014, our entire healthcare system will be integrated and put under the management of those same plans, revolutionizing the way services are delivered and paid for.
- People with psychiatric disabilities will need to understand and make sure their personal needs and preferences are understood and met by these new behavioral and medical care configurations.
- Community providers will need to re-invent and re-position themselves with new partners in new systems to survive and thrive.
Come to this forum to hear presentations from advocates, local officials and key players in the system to come and to make sure your voice is heard!
10:00 – 10:05am Welcome and Introductions Eva Dech, NYAPRS, & Mitchell Klein, OMH
10:05 – 11:00am Healthcare Reform 101, Harvey Rosenthal, Executive Director, NYAPRS
11:00 – 11:15am Measures to Advance Cultural Competence, Neville Morris, NYAPRS Cultural Competence Committee
11:15 – 11:30am Advancing True Peer Support, Kathie Cascio, Coalition to Protect the Integrity of Peer Support in NYS
11:30 – 12:00pm Panel: How Will Healthcare Reform Play out in Your Region?
Michael W. Cole, LCSW, Director of Community Services, Columbia County Department of Human Services
Katherine Maciol, LCSW-R, Commissioner of Mental Health, Rensselaer County
Stephen J. Giordano, Ph.D., Acting Director, Albany Co. Department of Mental Health
Joan Erney. J.D. Business Development and Public Policy officer, Community Care Behavioral Health
Representative, Visiting Nurse Service of Schenectady County, Inc., Ellis Hospital et (invited)
Dan Godfrey, LCSW-R, Director of Clinical Services, ClearView Center, Inc.
Anthony Falco, LCSW, Director of Planning and Evaluation, Rehabilitation Support Services, Inc.
12:00-12:30 pm Q&A, Discussion, facilitated by Harvey Rosenthal, NYAPRS
For more information or to RSVP please contact:
Or sign up online at:
Organized by NYAPRS