At the Alliance for Rights and Recovery, we believe in hiring individuals who are passionate about what they do and who are committed to making a difference.
Why Join Our Team?
We are a dynamic and innovative company that values creativity, collaboration, lived experience, and diversity. Our team is made up of individuals from different backgrounds and experiences who work together to achieve our goals. We provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as a supportive and inclusive work environment.
We offer competitive compensation packages, comprehensive benefits, and a flexible work schedule. Additionally, we provide our employees with the resources and tools they need to succeed, including ongoing training and development, and a collaborative and supportive team culture.
We are currently seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our team. Our current openings include:
Title: Full-Time Peer Bridger
Division: Peer Services
Reports to: Ellen Healion, Director of Peer Services
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Long Island & Rockland County
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the Director of Peer Services, the Part-Time Peer Bridger engages referred individuals and coordinates activities to form trust-based relationships that foster hope for positive change and personal empowerment, leading to successful integration back into the community.
- Maintains own personal wellness.
- Initiate and maintain regular communications/meetings with referred individuals nearing discharge from local area hospitals. May provide assistance to referred individuals that are granted access to visit certain locations within the community that are meaningful to him/her.
- Assists referred individuals post discharge to identify and engage in a range of community-based support groups/efforts.
- Travels to numerous locations to engage members or to support the recovery of the individuals that we work with.
- Interprets requests and helps implement action, as well as decides whether the project coordinator/directors should be notified of important or emergency matters, as needed. In the absence of their supervisor, ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member.
- Handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the daily interactions with peers. This includes hosting meetings, coordinating activities and resolving conflicts.
- Facilitates weekly peer support group meetings in the hospital and/or community.
- Attends trainings as required and assigned by supervisor.
- Prepares and maintains detailed written record of activities to meet documentation and reporting requirements for NYAPRS Peer Bridger project.
- Reports to and meets with supervisor on a regular basis. Attends trainings as required and assigned by supervisor.
- GED or High School diploma.
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of the NY State public mental health and substance use system. Lived experience with the mental health system, preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of advocacy, self-help and empowerment programs for recipients of mental health and substance use services.
- Ability to convey a message of hope and recovery for people with psychiatric disabilities.
- Ability to complete basic documentation requirements regarding work activities. Solid written and oral skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and internet/email access, preferred.
- Must have own vehicle, clean driving record, and adequate automobile insurance coverage.
- Flexible schedule; occasionally including evenings and week-ends.
- Must reside in the service County.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com.
The Alliance for Rights and Recovery is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for one of these positions, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t see a position that fits your skills and experience, we still encourage you to submit your resume and cover letter for future consideration. We are always looking for talented individuals who are passionate about what they do and who share our values.
Our Hiring Process
Our hiring process is designed to ensure that we select the best candidates for each position. It typically includes the following steps:
- Resume and Cover Letter Review: We will review your resume and cover letter to determine if you meet the qualifications for the position.
- Initial Phone Screen: If you meet the qualifications, we will schedule an initial phone screen to learn more about your skills, experience, and interest in the position.
- Interview Process: Depending on the position, our interview process may include a combination of phone, video, and in-person interviews. During these interviews, we will ask questions about your experience, skills, and work style.
- Reference and Background Check: Before making a job offer, we will conduct reference and background checks to verify your employment history and ensure that you meet our company’s standards.