Ensuring that each person has what they need to be successful and thrive by promoting advocacy that advances human and civil rights; social justice; and access to preferred services and supports in settings of choice.
About Our Advocacy
We promote successful self, peer and systems advocacy strategies that support people to best advocate for themselves, for each other and for fundamental and transformational social and service policy reforms.
- Self-determination: voice and choice
- Self-defined health, recovery, and wellness goals
- A foundational belief that recovery is more than possible, it is the expectation for all
- Full access to quality rehabilitation and peer services delivered in the most integrated settings in communities of choice
- Community inclusion, integration, and immersion
- Full access to healing and health tools, including peer support, rehabilitation, clinical and medical treatment, culturally responsive and Trauma informed public policies and services
- Racial and gender diversity and equity
- Community over institutions
- Embrace an array of communities, including faith-based groups
- Policies that are based on promoting key elements of recovery: health, home, purpose and community
Everything we do is ultimately driven by advocacy: federal, state and local government policies; media messaging and public education; transformation training and technical assistance; peer service innovations that promote healing, hope and freedom.
We invite you to join us and take action and demand better mental health and substance use policy. Join our efforts by participating in one of our events, signing up for our newsletter, registering to vote or contacting your legislator.
Register to Vote
Register to vote >